Here is a very tasty dish that takes about 20 minutes and has only 3 or 4 ingredients! What more could one want? Oh! You like it creamy and guilt-free? Well, ticked and ticked my friends! This can be as creamy as you like. Dairy free and suitable for vegans.
Here I used a ripe avocado to provide the creamy-ness. It’s a new ‘thing’. You eat your veg and give your body good fat instead of saturated fat in cream. After eating this you will ask yourself ” Why I hadn’t tried this before?”
I know it’s only spaghetti with tomatoes but I never add such a thick cream to my food, so it was very pleasing to eat that and not feel guilty.
- Thin Spaghetti
- 1 medium ripe avocado (provides enough sauce for two servings)
- Small tomatoes (cut in halves)
- Fresh Basil
- Garlic (as much as you fancy)
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Boil your spaghetti according to the instruction on the packet, meanwhile skin and seed the avocado, put it in the blender with a 3/4 of cup of water, some fresh basil and give it a good blitz until smooth and creamy. You need to achieve the consistency of a thick yogurt. Add more water if you need but try to avoid making it too runny! Season the sauce.
- Add olive oil to a pan, add finely chopped garlic and the tomatoes on a medium heat until everything is a bit soft and gooey.
- Add the spaghetti to the pan, pour the sauce on top and mix gently with a fork. Now…isn’t it yummy?
Thanks for looking and come back soon!