I was ‘Pinteresting’ vegan foods the other day and came across some amazing, inspiring and colourful dishes. As a result this ” Yummy Sticky Barbecue Cauliflower ” was born! Cauliflower florets have the right bite size and the right texture for this dish. They are bland enough to take up the flavour of the sauce. Very quick and easy to make. Proper delicious!
- Fresh cauliflower – made into just bigger than bite-size florets
- Sticky Chinese barbecue sauce
For the rice:
- A pack of ready to eat rice noodles
- 1 clove of garlic (to flavour the rice- optional )
- 1 small red chilli (to flavour the rice-optional )
- 2 inch (to flavour the rice- optional)
- Oil – ideally peanut oil
Extra Greens on side:
- Spring onion
- Green Beans ( fresh or frozen)
- Place cauliflower florets in a bowl, smother them in plenty barbecue sauce and place on a baking tray. Put the baking tray in the oven (fan 180C) for 20-30 minutes. (You want the sauce to become sticky and almost slightly burnt at the edges).
- Put garlic, chilli and ginger in mortar & pestle and make a paste.
- Add a tablespoon oil in a pan when heated add teaspoon of the paste and fry for 1 minute. Empty the rice noodle pack into the pan and heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Microwave/ steam a handful of green beans for each dish.
- Plate your food as desire. Sprinkle finely chopped spring onions and coriander all over the dish.
- Enjoy your fast food!
Thanks for looking and come back soon! X