Hello lovely people,
This morning I came across a post on Facebook by Freelee the Banana Girl. A no dairy, no butter, no fat, no cooking apple strudel recipe. I am not a vegan myself ( in fact you can click here and here for my Michele Roux Apple strudel and Richard Bertinet Apple Pie recipes) but at the same time – why say no to something healthy and tasty? I have made a different ( even easier ) sauce than Freelee.
INGREDIENTS: (serves 2 giant portions)
- 4 bananas ( thinly sliced)
- 2 apples ( thinly sliced)
- ( I also added sprinkles of coconut flakes)
For the sauce : ( this is different from Freelee’s non-fat version)
- 200ml reduced fat coconut milk
- About 20 lovely gooey golden dates
- Add the coconut milk and dates in a blender and whip till silky smooth. This ends up tasting caramel-y and coconut-y heavenly.
- Stack up the fruits and sauce in between.
- Sprinkle with coconut flakes and a dash of cinnamon.
Isn’t it delicious?? Guilt-free, gluten-free, processed sugar-free and as vegans say cruelty-free too! Yummm!
To see my other vegan/ raw vegan recipes please click here.
Thanks for looking and come back soon! x