I spent a great deal of time this weekend searching in my cookery books and magazines for Christmassy dishes. My knees got weak when I read about this sandwich in BBC GOOD FOOD MAGAZINE. I also found the recipe on BBC GOOD FOOD website. Read the reviews and the appraisals, Christmas has been brought forward in our house. This sandwich is finger-licking good guys! Try it for yourself.
The original recipe is vegetarian and doesn’t have ham in it.
- 2 thick slices of white bread
- wedge of Camembert or brie (about 85g/3oz)
- a spoonful of cranberry sauce
- a few drops of balsamic vinegar
- Ham slices ( was my addition to the original recipe )
- Butter bread. Put wedge of camembert or brie on the unbuttered side of one slice of bread. Top with a spoonful of cranberry sauce. Drizzle with a few drops of balsamic vinegar, if you have some.
- Put the second slice of bread on top, buttered side out. Fry in a hot non-stick pan, pressing down with a fish slice, for a minute or two on each side, until golden brown and melting. Cut in half and eat straightaway.
Thanks for looking and come back soon!