I have found a fantastic recipe to add to Raw food category of my blog ! Every little helps to have a healthier life. A jam that is very good for you, involves no cooking and above all tastes very delicious and fresh.
I saw this healthy-berry recipe on Holistic Habits and decided to try it immediately. This gorgeous jam is fantastic if you like to have jam regularly or if you have young children and don’t want them to eat too much artificial sugar.
Chia seeds is used as a thickening agent in your jam instead of tons of sugar. How genius is that?! Writing straight from the back of Chia seed pack that I have at home, here are a few of their health benefits:
- Highest known vegetarian source of OMEGA 3
- High in fibre
- A complete gluten-free protein with all essential amino acids
- High in Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Selenium & Zinc
- Easy to use as it’s tiny, tasteless seed
- Absorbs water allowing you feel fuller
- One portion of Chia daily contains enough Omega 3 ALA which can help maintain normal blood cholesterol levels.
Recipe is copied and pasted here from lovely Holistic Habits blog.
- 1 Cup Frozen Raspberries (I used mixed black forest berries)
- 1 TBS Chia Seeds
- 1 TBS Raw Honey ( Use Agave nectar if you are vegan )
- Thaw out the berries (or heat them slightly on the stove if you’re in a hurry and don’t mind the recipe not being raw).
- Once thawed, begin to mash the berries with a fork. ( I blended the berries)
- Stir in chia seeds and raw honey.
- Add a bit of love ♥
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes (thickening time)
Get creative with this recipe, you can add vanilla extract or orange zest if you wish. Eat it as you would your jam. Or straight out of the jar- guilt free.
Thanks for looking and come back soon!