I have had a copy of Jamie Oliver’s recipe year book since December. Every time I flick through it I am hypnotized by a photo of Jalapeno Breads. Today, I said to myself : today is the day! Can’t daydream about this dish anymore. So here it is!
The bread couldn’t be any easier to make ( almost as quick as pasta) and since its mid week I have used shop bought Jerk seasoning mix -instead of making my own. Lazy and tasty meal!
INGREDIENTS ( for Jalapeno bread):
- 250g self-raising flour, plus extra
- 250g yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Jalapeno chillies, finely scliced
- Mix together the flour, yoghurt, baking powder and a good pinch of salt. When it starts coming together, flour your hands and knead the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces then roll out into circles . Scatter over the Jalapeno and a pinch of salt and press into the dough.
- Heat up your griddle pan and cook each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown lines are formed.
Thanks for looking and come back soon!